Friday, June 10, 2005

A Ghost from the Past

A faint outline, that unmistakable profile
It quickly whizzed past, that same cute smile
Just for a second, our eyes seemed to meet
Forget that face ? An impossible feat...

That lopsided grin lightened many a day
Kind bright eyes to which many fell prey
Sweet pink lips that whispered sweet nothings
Sharp regal features - the king of kings

It was not as if there was a fight
Frankly to say, I still don't see light
One day you were there, right by my side
The next, between us, was a great wide divide

I know not why, but something was amiss
The way we parted, without even a kiss
A small misunderstanding, a wee little fire
That burnt our garden like a funeral pyre

The fleeting glimpse - the same funny face
That lit up on seeing me - those golden days
That same old spark, I glimpsed in your eyes
That same old love, which nothing can disguise

For that fleeting instant, when our eyes met
I saw in your eyes, the same fire, I'd bet
Time seemed to freeze, for that single instant
Our souls seemed to fuse, joyous and vibrant

I looked once more - whither did you go ?
Lost in the crowd ? Or did I dream so ?
I blinked my eyes, you seemed to fade

In the desert of life, a mirage of shade ?

Life goes on and I'm moving ahead
Haunt me not, for I've buried the dead
In the desert of life, now green with spring
Unshackled, I fly high, hopeful and daring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home