Monday, May 16, 2005

Bliss... The Present

It burst upon me unexpectedly
Catching me unawares, awed, stupified
The scent of lilacs filled the air
Teleported to heaven, I stared, wide-eyed


Lilacs in bloom, smiled benevolently
Bobbing their heads, as if in greeting
I stepped onto the grass, velvety soft
One with nature, green, breathtaking.


A gentle breeze - softly, it caressed
Whispered sweet nothings, gentle but strong
A gentle lullaby wafted from afar
Angels strumming their immortal song ?


My spirits soared, I flew after them
The breeze threatened to carry me away
My heart seemed light, burdens non-existent
I seemed to float, over the blooms, I lay...


A little rose shyly peeked out
Beneath me, I spied her pink nose
A wee little blossom that seemed to say
Here I am, bereft of woes


I seemed to melt - flow with the breeze
One with nature - the lilacs and rose
Unanchored, unshackled, free as ever
Brimming with bliss, unwrinkled brows.


My heart expands to fill the emptiness
Touching everything - a gentle caress
Spurting joy, fresh and green
Every crevasse, it fills, flawless.


A pang of regret tugged at my heart
From deep within, a tiny ray
Of things that were, and could have been
Of another life, had I had my way...


The rush of air jolted me back
Bringing me back to the blissful present
I wilted under her reproachful gaze
The rose that said "The present, you resent ?"


I cast my eyes on the world around me
A slight shadow seem to reign
It dawned on me, I cleared the fog
Crushed the regret, crushed the pain.


I smiled with thanks at the little rose
It seemed as if she smiled back at me
The breeze tugged and she nodded her head,
"C'mon, smile; Spread happiness" said she.


It seemed to lift, the shadowy haze
Brightening the scene so fresh and green
I laughed merrily, the world joined in
Happy in the present, I reigned like a queen...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazingly refreshing...
awesome stuff
keep it up!
they just keep getting better and better
way to go!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home