Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Vast Expanse of Emptiness...

He claws through me
On a burning spree
Ravaging his way
Not heeding my plea.


Mercy! I cry
His eyes stay dry
A heart of stone ?
I wonder with a sigh...

Riding resolutely
Exploring thoroughly
Destruction in his wake
He rides to glory

I sob and plead
But the fiery steed
It gallops on its way
Paying no heed

He rides ahead
I fill with dread
Fiery tentacles
Turn my heart to lead

I turn to flee
No escape I see
I watch, tortured,
Lost and empty.

A vast emptiness
A blanket of blackness
A shroud that wards off
All happiness

A fulfilled whim
He rides off, grim
All life and light
Trailing behind him

I watch helpless
Dead and lifeless
Wishing I was home
Safe and fearless

It tugs, I moan
Some dark unknown
An alien feeling
I struggle, alone

I wish for hope
To help me cope
And set things right
In the dark, I grope

I know it will end
To my wounds, I tend
How much longer
Do I wait for a friend ?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem.
but I'm sure there would be some who care for you, maybe you need to look carefully...

12:54 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on the verse...

Thanks a ton for ur concern...
But friendly hands do beckon
Twas a fleeting moment
That spewed that verse - no discontent
Smiling faces I do see
Everywhere, surrounding me
Just a small pang of regret
Managed to rouse the poet
But thanks a lot once more
For hope comes to the fore
Simple words like these
Put my heart at ease...

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

classic case of supply-demand problem.
ppl. whom u like, end up not carin for u... and u end up not likin ppl. who care for u.
very common problem.
lemme know if u find a solution to it.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

:)
The only solution is to understand who cares for u and y... then u'll automatically start reciprocating i guess...
though i've not exactly faced such a problem... tell me if it works !!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)
yup... a possible solution. but only a partial one, i wud say. ask why? coz it takes care of only the supply side and not the demand side.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Anu said...

The demand side is self rite...
so i'm suggesting that self can adjust according to supply. Over time, demand will be satisfied - wotsay ? :-)
sounds a bit weak and self-sacrificing to me even as i write it... but one cannot have the cake as well as eat it naah ?!

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) wont that be a defeatist approach to the entire problem? besides, demands r never satisfied over time... they r just stifled, suppressed and buried.
well, finally it depends on the individual, i guess :-)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Anu said...

:-)
stifled suppressed and buried... till they peep in and trouble no more ?!
well... it depends, as u, and any other management guy (or gal) would say !!!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home