Monday, May 02, 2005

On Friends and Friendship... My first message...

Hello World !
I thought I'd allocate a separate blog as a channel for my feelings and let them flow in the form of poems... My first post is one poem I recently wrote on friends and friendship... here it is...

Friends, my friend, are precious as pearls
Greater than the wealth of a zillion Earls
They sparkle like diamonds - alwayz ring true
Though hard to find just going by their hue...

You may stare all your life, at a stone you possess
Not knowing that polished - its a gem, priceless...
Likewise are friends - you may own them whole
Not knowing that for you - sumone will sell their soul !

My friend - there have been times innumerable
When I, lost, hunted for friends invaluable
Pro'lly you were there - one never knows
In the jungle of life, its hard to sense u're close...

Of course we found each other one fine day
How long u'll stay, though, is hard to say...
But know this, my friend - funny as I may sound
Even if u drift away, i'll definitely hang around.

You have been a source, of joy, of strength
About truths in life, we've chatted at length
There have been times which are better forgotten
And lovely moments that were meant to happen.

We have been through times, shared many a thought
My friend - I beseech thee - please forget me not
There may be times when we are far apart
But our friendship, my friend, will live on in my heart.

Will continue to post my latest poems on life and my thoughts on things in general... will also post some of my earlier ones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home